Looking for Jungle Trek Guide or Ranger in Tanah Rata

Hi, may I know if I want to go for jungle trekking and I wish a ranger can guide through out my journey, which dept should I go through? Can I have your address & phone number? My trails start from Tanah Rata. Your immediate advise in this matter is much appreciate.

Tan Peay Mei
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
15/Feb/2012

-----
Dear Tan Peay Mei,
There are tour companies where you can hire out day guides. You could also follow their jungle hiking tours which would be more cost effective.

1) Cameron Secret 05-491 2484
2) Kang Tours and Travel 05-491 5828
3) CS Travel

There are many other smaller tour companies, but you can try the above 3 first. Sorry I don't have CS Travel number at hand.

Regards,
Jan.
16/Feb/2012
-----

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your information.

Have a nice day ^^

Regards,
PeayMei
16/2/2012
----

Dear Jan,
May I know if I follow the tour to go for hiking, is it need to request a permit? Because the Pejabat Daerah Raub request permit from me.

Regards
PeayMei
16/2/2012
----

Peay Mei,

This is the first time I ever heard about requiring a permit for hiking in the jungle. I think the Pejabat Daerah Raub is pulling a fast one on you! They must be so desparado to gleen any kind of fees from the public to resort to this. I went jungle hiking in Pangkor and never needed any. Went to some popular gunung (forget the name) in Negeri Sembilan and never applied for any permit. To go hiking just bring a good pair of hiking shoes, essential stuffs in your backpack and make sure you are fit and you are good to go! Just don't get lost and stick to the normal path!

Cheers!
Jan
17/2/2012

No comments: